ABOUT STAND TO END RAPE INITIATIVE (STER):
Founded in 2014, Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a CAC registered, youth-led nonprofit organisation advancing Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and advocating against gender-based violence. We provide medical, legal, and psychological support to survivors of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria. We do this by working with communities to generate sustainable homegrown solutions to gender-based violence that impact society. Second, by partnering with local and national groups on systems-level prevention and intervention activities. Finally, by working with survivors of sexual violence and their families to support their recovery from the related trauma. At the core of all STER’s programs is to advocate for a society where women and girls are empowered to contribute equally and free from violence.
Title: Programs Associate
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 1 – 3 years
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Programs Unit is the arm that engages in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives on issues of Sexual and Gender-based Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights related. For seven (7) years, STER has engaged in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives in over 50 communities and expanded her thematic areas. We require a candidate who is passionate about public accountability, sexual harassment advocacy and delivering on programs that build the Government’s capacity to prevent and respond to cases of SGBV in Nigeria. We plan on working on more issues.
- Support Programs Manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to fulfil the mission of the organisation.
- Work with Programs Manager on planning and daily operations and programs; this includes, but is not limited to; partnership and volunteer coordination, planning and executing and activity schedule.
- Manage activity calendar; including planning, coordinating, and executing meetings, including scheduling meetings; managing meeting logistics, agenda, and minutes; and preparing materials; and coordinating regular updates (email, phone and in-person) to ensure alignment of activities.
- Coordinate outreaches and events to mark special days such as International Day of the Girl Child etc.
- Develop and maintain a list of funders, network participants and other community partners.
- Assist in the development of materials (web-based and social media) to communicate ongoing programs.
- Support the fundraising and grants management process
- Support Program Department strategic planning and development of work plans
- Support the Programs Manager to prepare project reports based on project activities and information.
- Assist in tracking project performance at the community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
- Monitors and ensures deliverables are met according to project contractual requirements and agreements using results-based management.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in tracking the outcome of activities to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Manage and facilitate the flow of essential information among the STER Programs Team.
- Other Duties assigned.
- You will report directly to the Programs Manager and Executive Director.
- Work with the Finance Associate and the Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation and Learning Officer to ensure that STER’s procurement and other policies, procedures, and control systems are followed, and program activities are implemented promptly based on donor requirements.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Expertise
- You should have attained the minimum of a Degree in Social Sciences or a related field.
- Experience in project management, fund management, and budgeting.
- 1-3 years of experience working in development programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organisation skills, and attention to detail
- Problem-solving attitude, along with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- It would help if you were a skilled problem-solver and self-starter.
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals to meet project objectives within established timelines; can effectively move from strategy to details in a seamless way.
- Having interpersonal skills enhances connecting and building relationships with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations if needed.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are welcomed to submit applications (A cover letter and Resume) electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in copy. Kindly indicate the reference code FTV202104 PROGRAMS ASSOCIATE as the Email subject. Applications close on 24th September 2021. We also require that you provide two references to support your application. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and other selection processes.
Note: STER is an equal opportunity employer.