Position: Project Assistant
Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), providing prevention mechanisms and supporting survivors with psychosocial services. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria.
LOCATION: Jos, Plateau State. EXPERIENCE: 1 -3 Years.
JOB TYPE: One Year Contract. QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree.
The Programs Unit engages in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives on Sexual and Gender-based Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights issues. The Unit oversees fundraising strategies and programs that contribute to the organisation’s overall strategy.
- Provides program coordination support for the implementation of projects including international projects in Jos, Plateau State.
- Assists in developing and strengthening project local networks.
- Conducts detailed research and desk reviews for projects
- Conducts regular visits within the state to monitor the implementation of activities, gathers feedback, and submits detailed reports about the activities and findings.
- Participates in awareness-raising activities, including public engagement, advocacy visits, and events, as required.
- Drafts presentations, collate reports, and formats documents.
- Acts as an organisational focal point for assigned projects in Plateau State to make informed decisions, seeking alignment and support wherever possible.
- Collates budget and expenditure data.
- Supports the Programs Officer to prepare project reports based on project activities and information.
- Assists in tracking project performance at the community level and reporting, monitoring, and following up on project activities.
- Monitors and ensures deliverables are met according to project contractual requirements and agreements using results-based management.
- Supports the Monitoring and Evaluation team in tracking the outcome of activities to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Manages and facilitates the flow of essential information in the STER Programs team.
- Reports directly to the Program Officer, and Program Executive when necessary.
- Works with the Finance Officer and the Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer in order to ensure that STER’s procurement and other policies, procedures, and control systems are followed and program activities are implemented in a timely manner based on donor requirements.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Minimum of a Degree in Law, Economics, Management, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Solid experience in project management, fund management, and budgeting.
- 1 -3 years of experience working with civil society groups and government organisations especially in community outreach policy or research, with at least one (1) year of experience in a resource-challenged setting.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organisational skills.
- Able to strategically inspire and energise project teams.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required and local languages are highly recommended.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
⦁ Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.