Vacancy Advertisement – Project Support Officer
Stand To End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual and gender-based violence, providing prevention mechanisms and supporting survivors with psychosocial services. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria. STER is looking to recruit a Project Support Officer in Adamawa State for a two-month project.
LOCATION: Yola, Adamawa State
DURATION: 2 MONTHS
EXPERIENCE: 1 – 3 YEARS
CATEGORY: Project and Program Management
DEADLINE: 4TH Feb 2021
The Programs Unit is the arm that engages in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives on Sexual and Gender-based Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights related issues. Over the course of six (6) years, STER has engaged in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives across different States and is expanding her thematic areas and requires a candidate who is passionate about women’s safety in public and private spaces and keen on supporting our ongoing advocacy efforts.
- Provides program coordination support for the implementation of projects including international projects in Adamawa State.
- Assist to develop and strengthen project local networks.
- Conduct detailed research and desk reviews for projects
- Conduct regular visits within the state to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback, and submit detailed reports about the activities and findings.
- Participates in awareness-raising activities, including public engagement, advocacy visits, and events, as required.
- Drafting presentations, collating reports, and formatting documents.
- Act as an organizational focal point for assigned projects in Adamawa State to make informed decisions, seeking alignment and support wherever possible.
- Collate reports, budget, and expenditure data.
- Support the Programs Manager to prepare project reports based on project activities and information.
- Assist in tracking project performance at the community level and report, monitor, and follow up on project activities.
- Monitors and ensures deliverables are met according to project contractual requirements and agreements using results-based management.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in tracking the outcome of activities to enhance the quality of reporting.
- Manage and facilitate the flow of essential information among the STER Programs Team.
- Reports directly to the Programs Manager, Executive Director and Board of Directors when necessary.
- Works with the Finance Lead and the Director of Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation and Learning in order to ensure that STER’s procurement and other policies, procedures, and control systems are followed and program activities are implemented in a timely manner based on donor requirements.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Minimum of a Degree in Law, Economics, Management, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field.
- Solid experience in project management, fund management, and budgeting.
- 1-3 years of experience working with civil society groups and government organizations especially in community outreach policy or research, with at least one (1) years’ experience in a resource-challenged setting.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Able to strategically inspire and energize project teams.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required and local languages are highly recommended.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
- Interested applicants are to send a curriculum vitae and a brief cover letter electronically to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy.
- Please ensure your application email has the subject heading “Project Support Officer.” Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly indicate the reference code FTV202104 in your applications and let the job title be the Subject matter of the email.