Founded in 2014, STER is a CAC registered, youth-led not-for-profit organization advocating against gender-based violence and providing medical, legal, and psychological support to survivors of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria. First, by working with communities to generate sustainable homegrown solutions to the issues of gender-based violence that impact the broader society, then by partnering with local and national groups on systems-level prevention and intervention activities, and finally, by working with survivors and their families to support their recovery from trauma. At the core of STER’s programs is the goal to advocate for a society where women and girls are empowered to equally contribute free from violence.
As an organization, we invest efficient time into our work and aspire for operational excellence in our communication strategies. We are currently developing new strategies to communicate with key stakeholders and our target audience and are looking to hire a person who is keen on building STER as a global organization and unafraid to objectively develop innovative strategies in line with the organization’s goals
Job Title: Finance Intern
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: 0 – 3
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The Finance Department is responsible for guiding financial decision making and managing STER’s financial resources. The Department’s role is broadly divided into three major areas: financial planning and control, which involves the development of annual financial strategy and budget, ongoing monitoring and establishment of financial controls; transaction processing, which covers the day-to-day management of internal financial transactions; and financial reporting, which deals with recording of financial transactions and generation of relevant donor and internal financial reports as well as preparation and audit of annual statutory financial statements.
- Post journal entries
- Process internal and external payment requests
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Coordinate annual budgeting process and perform ongoing monitoring
- Maintain appropriate financial documentation
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on financial requests
- Manage statutory remittances
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Coordinate year-end audits
- Provide any other general accounting support
Requirements, Knowledge and Expertise
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Good understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is an advantage
- Professional Accounting certification (e.g. ICAN) is a plus
How to Apply
- If your skills and credentials meet the above profile, please apply by submitting your CV in English with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also require that you provide three references to support your application, please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and other selection processes.
- Kindly indicate the reference code FTV202103 in your applications and let the job title be the Subject matter of the email.