Founded in 2014, STER is a CAC registered, a youth-led not-for-profit organization advancing Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), advocating against gender-based violence, and providing medical, legal, and psychological support to survivors of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria. STER adopts a comprehensive approach to advocating for gender equality and eliminating gender-based violence in Nigeria. First, by working with communities to generate sustainable homegrown solutions to the issues of gender-based violence that impact the broader society, then by partnering with local and national groups on systems-level prevention and intervention activities, and finally, by working with survivors of sexual violence and their families to support their recovery from the related trauma. At the core of all STER’s programs is the goal to advocate for a society where women and girls are empowered to equally contribute free from violence.
Title: Programs Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Master’s Degree
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Programs Unit is the arm that engages in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives on issues of Sexual and Gender-based Violence and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights related. Over the course of six (6) years, STER has engaged in policy advocacy and community-driven initiatives in over 50 communities and is expanding her thematic areas and require a candidate who is passionate about public accountability, sexual harassment advocacy and delivering on programs that build Government’s capacity to prevent and respond to cases of SGBV in Nigeria. and we plan on working on more issues.
- Oversee the coordination of program development, planning, implementation, and management.
- Oversee the implementation of all advocacy-related programs of STER.
- Structure the Program team to ensure all program aspects meet the highest programmatic standards, adhere to international standards of practice, and uphold transparent and participatory decision-making plus management approach.
- Develop policy papers, dialogues, and initiate thought leadership sessions to drive conversations to improve policy and practice in close collaboration with the Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning.
- Guide the annual project strategy set up, including developing work plans, budgets, and team projects schedule
- Support with developing concept notes and grant applications to address programming issues and emerging issues that impact STER’s work.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures for all program activities are in place, staff and volunteers are adequately trained and strictly adhere to them.
- Monitor project teams’ performance of the project team to ensure all set milestones set in the annual work plan are achieved, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans
- Ensure periodic development of accurate management reports, accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.
- Initiate and establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, donors, UN agencies, governmental organizations, and NGOs to help achieve the goals of STER.
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with stakeholders in close collaboration with the Director of Communication
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall program targets and partner/donor obligations are met.
- Ensure compliance with all national and international treaties for program management and development
- Recognize and bring forward opportunities for innovative action and create an environment of empowerment, inclusion, and participation.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director within the framework of his/her competence.
- Reports directly to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors when necessary.
- Works with the Head of Resource Management to develop and implement effective ways through which staff and volunteers’ overall performance is measured
- Works with the Head of Finance and the Director of Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation and Learning in order to ensure that STER’s procurement and other policies, procedures, and control systems are followed and program activities are implemented in a timely manner based on donor requirement.
Requirements, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Minimum of a Degree in Law, Economics, Management, International Development, Social Sciences, or a related field. A relevant Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Solid experience in project management, fund management, and budgeting.
- Experience in community outreach policy or research, with at least one (1) years’ experience in a resource-challenged setting.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Able to strategically inspire and energize project teams.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Fluency in English is required and local languages are highly recommended
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
How to Apply
- If your skills and credentials meet the above profile, please apply by submitting your CV in English with a cover letter to Standtoendrape@gmail.com. We also require that you provide three references to support your application, Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and other selection processes.
Kindly indicate the reference code FTV202002 in your applications and let the job title be the Subject matter of the email.